Direct Mail that doesn't cost the earth
Responsible mailing is one of the most forward thinking mailing and fulfilment companies in the UK and we are committed to reducing the impact of direct mail upon the environment.
Direct Mail that doesn’t cost the earth
Responsible Mailing is committed to reducing the impact of direct mail upon the environment
We achieve this aim by:
- Minimizing the environmental impact of our operations wherever and whenever possible.
- Sourcing raw materials which have the minimum environmental impact during manufacture, use and subsequent disposal
- Reducing material usage and waste wherever possible and practical
- Offering the cleansing services for list verification (PAF), database screening against the Mailing Preference Service, Goneaways and Deceased registers to reduce undeliverable and unwelcome mail
- De-duplication of data lists to reduce unwelcome and wasteful duplicates
- Training, developing and seeking to involve our people in the relevant aspects of environmental best practices
- Communicating our environmental policy and practices to our clients and regularly provide information for the implications of changes
- Recycling surplus materials/waste wherever possible
- Supporting the work of the Lancashire Wildlife Trust through corporate sponsorship
- Supporting Children’s Safety Education Foundation through corporate sponsorship, helping to create a safer community for children
- Winning the 2007 Corporate Responsibility Award for our environmental awareness and commitment to the local community
- Working with local suppliers and employing local people
We are fully aware of the devastating impact of single use plastics on our marine and wildlife, and as such we have been using recycled/recyclable polywrap as standard for many years. We aim to source raw materials, which have the minimum environmental impact during manufacture, use and subsequent disposal. We will always aim to offer an environmentally friendly option for your mailing. For example, our standard polywrap is fully recyclable after use. We offer the following Polywrap options:
The standard poly we use is called Polylite - a recyclable lightweight poly which is very strong. The manufacturing process for this poly leaves a smaller carbon footprint than degradable polys. You can pop it into low grade plastic recycling tubs found in most of the main supermarkets. Its lightweight texture enables it to degrade quicker than normal plastics even if it isn’t recycled.
Alternatively, we can offer a new poly called Polyair which is a bio-based material made from sugar cane (25% is recycled plastic).
The process of photosynthesis as the plant grows, makes the poly carbon positive. The sugar cane actively captures C02, whilst at the same time releasing oxygen – making this material pro-actively green. This poly is also recyclable.
Finally, we can offer Polycomp, which is a compostable poly. This is made from potato starch and contains no plastic. This material is compostable not recyclable, but in ideal circumstances it will turn into compost within a few months.
We can also offer recycled paper for laser printing, although our standard paper is FSC approved, produced from well-managed and sustainable forests.
All of our waste products are recycled including our toner cartridges. All paper is confidentially shredded before recycling.